Re: [m2e-users] M2E holding on to JAR file handles

Are these dependency jars or maven plugins?

m2e does not look inside dependency jars, at least it should not. I'd
check if jdt is supposed to keep dependency jars open, because it does
need to look inside them.

For maven plugins, m2e creates and caches plugin classloaders and I
believe JVM will keep underlying jar files open. It is theoretically
possible to always copy jars somewhere before setting up classloaders,
but there are no immediate plans to implement something like this in
m2e, and it should be done in maven core anyways.

--
Regards,
Igor