[m2e-users] Missing artifacts / non-existing libraries - please assist

Hi all,

Having a problematic time with Eclipse (Indigo SR1) and Maven.  I'm
new to both, I've tried Eclipse in the past and I always seem to get
strange errors even when I'm setting up my environment, which
discourage me.  Nevertheless I'm back for one more go.  I'm following
the tutorial at
http://docs.geotools.org/latest/userguide/tutorial/quickstart/eclipse.html
and I'm stuck at "Adding Jars to your Project".

The errors are:
o Missing artifact org.geotools:gt-shapefile:jar:8.0-M4
o Missing artifact org.geotools:gt-swing:jar:8.0-M4
o The container 'Maven Dependencies' references non existing library
'/home/antony/.m2/repository/org/geotools/gt-shapefile/8.0-M4/gt-shapefile-8.0-M4.jar'
o The project cannot be built until build path errors are resolved

Sure enough, that container doesn't exist:

antony@antonygvbdebian:~$ find .m2/repository/org/geotools/gt-shapefile/
.m2/repository/org/geotools/gt-shapefile/
.m2/repository/org/geotools/gt-shapefile/8.0-M4
.m2/repository/org/geotools/gt-shapefile/8.0-M4/gt-shapefile-8.0-M4.pom.lastUpdated
.m2/repository/org/geotools/gt-shapefile/8.0-M4/gt-shapefile-8.0-M4.jar.lastUpdated

I'm behind a corporate firewall and have set up the proxy in Eclipse.
I've also gotten Maven to "work" via proxy by editing
~/.m2/settings.xml and setting Eclipse to use External maven in
/usr/share/maven2.  Without this, I can't even successfully reindex by
clicking Reindex in Preferences -> Maven -> User Settings.  So that
works but I'm now stumped at the good bit.  I have tried
right-clicking on the project, then Maven -> Update Dependencies, but
no joy.  I can't get it to populate the geotools repository.

I'm really at a loss here.  Hope somebody can shed some light on this
- of course I can provide more debugging information if you tell me
what is needed.

Antony

Back to the top