Re: [m2e-users] System dependencies unresolved

Hello Igor,

> Because Maven does not have a notion of "target" JVM, it assumes the
> same JVM is used by the tool itself and as implicit project compile
> dependency.

I do not understand this restriction !

When M2E starts a Maven task, it updates the java context with the JDK
installed in the Java preferences...  then, the plugin retrieve this one
into the maven session :)
Why POM/Source editors can not find this Java context in the same way ?

Note about the selection of the installed JRE: it seems to me, that M2E
selects the first available JRE/JDK of the Preferences (i.e. not the user
selection) :(

Regards,
Philippe

Back to the top