Re: [m2e-users] Webby & Tomcat

Collin Peters wrote:

I am trying to checkout Webby as I just now saw it from another post. We use
Tomcat traditionally so it pointed Webby to our customized Tomcat install
that we normally use. The app doesn't start because it complains that the
jdbc definition is not there. Looking in the me2-webby folder (I think that
is what it was called, I am going off my memory here) I saw a Tomcat conf
folder but it didn't have my customized files such as my context.xml which
defines the jdbc connection via jndi.  What is the correct way to use this?

Most of the server configuration is controlled via Cargo. Configuration of datasources requires use of cargo.* properties which Webby currently does not allow the user to edit so I fear you're out of luck for now.

Also, does Webby only have the ability to run one webapp at a time?

A given launch configuration of Webby runs one webapp in one particular container/JVM. You can start multiple launch configurations in parallel, each using different ports for the container, but one container JVM can only run a single webapp.

Benjamin

Back to the top