Re: [m2e-users] Migration from 0.12 to 1.0

On Monday, June 27, 2011 04:54:27 PM Igor Fedorenko wrote:
> We did try to provide migration and
> actually spent far more time than one man-day on this, but unfortunately
> the problem proved to be difficult so we decided against providing
> workspace migration.

We did something like that when the Object Teams project moved
to Eclipse.org. If we're indeed talking just about changing the nature
and a builder of an eclipse project I wouldn't see what's so complex
about it. You may want to have a look at our implementation [1] [2]
which actually covers two kinds of projects.
The only magic we apply is intercepting BuildManager.getBuilder(..)
(from org.eclipse.core.resources), which we naturally do using
Object Teams.

HTH,
Stephan

[1]
svn://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/tools/org.eclipse.objectteams/trunk/plugins/org.eclipse.objectteams.otdt.pde.ui/src/org/eclipse/objectteams/otdt/internal/migration
[2]
svn://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/tools/org.eclipse.objectteams/trunk/plugins/org.eclipse.objectteams.otdt.pde.ui/plugin.xml

(sorry for svn link, viewvc script seems to be broken right now, bug 350544)

Back to the top