Re: [m2e-users] Antwort: Re: Ignoring the enforcer plugin

lifecycle-mapping is only expected to be used inside <pluginManagement/>
pom.xml section, and Maven itself does not perform any validation of
lifecycle-mapping poms, etc. Some projects put lifecycle-mapping to
special profile activated inside m2e only to be extra sure m2e
configuration is not affecting their command line builds.

--
Regards,
Igor

On 11-06-08 5:28 AM, Thorsten Heit wrote:
Hi,

 > Adding the following to the pluginManagement section did the trick
for me:

 > <plugin>
 > <groupId>org.eclipse.m2e</groupId>
 > <artifactId>lifecycle-mapping</artifactId>
 > <version>1.0.0</version>
 > <configuration>
 > <lifecycleMappingMetadata>
 > <pluginExecutions>
 > <pluginExecution>
 > <pluginExecutionFilter>
 > <artifactId>maven-enforcer-plugin</artifactId>
 > <versionRange>[1.0,)</versionRange>
 > <goals>
 > <goal>enforce</goal>
 > </goals>
 > </pluginExecutionFilter>
 > <action>
 > <ignore></ignore>
 > </action>
 > </pluginExecution>
 > </pluginExecutions>
 > </lifecycleMappingMetadata>
 > </configuration>
 > </plugin>

I recently added a similar section to one of my POMs, but for the
axistools-maven-plugin instead of m-enforcer-p.

Typing "mvn versions:display-dependency-updates
versions:display-plugin-updates" on a command line results in a couple
of warnings:

thorsten$ mvn versions:display-dependency-updates
versions:display-plugin-updates
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
Downloading:
http://7iv05-server-1/nexus/content/groups/public/org/eclipse/m2e/lifecycle-mapping/1.0.0/lifecycle-mapping-1.0.0.pom

[WARNING] The POM for org.eclipse.m2e:lifecycle-mapping:jar:1.0.0 is
missing, no dependency information available
[WARNING] Failed to retrieve plugin descriptor for
org.eclipse.m2e:lifecycle-mapping:1.0.0: Plugin
org.eclipse.m2e:lifecycle-mapping:1.0.0 or one of its dependencies could
not be resolved: Failed to read artifact descriptor for
org.eclipse.m2e:lifecycle-mapping:jar:1.0.0
(...)

This warning appears three times.

Question: Where does this plugin come from? Is it downloadable
somewhere? If yes, at what address? I can't find it neither in central
nor in oss.sonatype.org...

Regards

Thorsten