Re: [m2e-users] Having a Bad Week - eclipse sick

Benson:
Thanks for these suggestions.

But we're getting into areas beyond my knowledge and I'd like to understand better what you've done here before I just copy this. I've no idea what permgen is, for example. Can you explain which of these lines are changes, what they do, and which lines are significant?

I also see that you're using MacOsX - how much of this config is based on your particular machine configuration?

Thanks,
Steve

When I first picked up the current m2e package, I found that it was
fairly easy to cause the eclipse JVM to run out of permgen space. The
immediate effect of this was variable but not entirely predicable. My
problems were amplified by my attempts to use m2e with a build that
had gigantic permgen consumption due in some web-service-related maven
plugins.

I setup my eclipse.ini as below and I haven't had anything interesting
go wrong since.

-startup
../../../plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.1.0.v20100507.jar
--launcher.library
../../../plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.cocoa.macosx.x86_64_1.1.1.R36x_v20100810
-product
org.eclipse.epp.package.java.product
--launcher.defaultAction
openFile
-showlocation
-showsplash
org.eclipse.platform
--launcher.XXMaxPermSize
700m
-vmargs
-Dosgi.requiredJavaVersion=1.6
-XstartOnFirstThread
-Dorg.eclipse.swt.internal.carbon.smallFonts
-XX:MaxPermSize=700m
-Xdock:icon=../Resources/Eclipse.icns
Declipse.p2.unsignedPolicy=allow
-Xms128m