Re: [m2e-users] Having a Bad Week - eclipse sick

I can think of a few things that would cause this behavior (none specifically related to m2eclipse), but you need to give more details if you want anyone to have a chance at helping you.

The first step would be to look at Eclipse's workspace log file. It is in <workspace root>\.metadata\.log. Look for exceptions around the time(s) Eclipse has crashed recently and see if there is anything interesting there.

Another option, especially if you can't find anything useful in the logs, would be to hook VisualVM up to the Eclipse process and see what information it yields. Specifically, are there any threads that seem to be blocking other threads while you are experiencing slowness? Are the hea or permgen sizes close to their respective maximums?

- Spencer