Re: [m2e-users] WTP and Multi-module project woes.

Thanks for your insights Marcel. As things are right now, I much rather not use skinny wars at all. For us, they are a nice-to-have, not a requirement.

Attempting to use skinny wars before Maven (and/or the EAR plugin) fully supports them complicates projects a lot. Your suggestion to revert back to one specific version of the war plugin, valid as the suggestion in itself might be, illustrates that point beautifully.

To us, having projects that all colleagues can work with without any hassle is of great importance. In my book, having non-complex, easy to use projects outweighs the benefit of having skinny wars. I much rather have workable projects than have small artifacts. For that reason, I've opted to drop skinny wars.

Regards,

  Guus