[m2e-dev] M2E plugin without UI.

Hello,

I am trying to automate my workspace set up. I am on the part where i need to import several maven projects into eclipse. Right now i do it by hand using M2E plugin which has UI, so it makes life very simple. I was wondering if there already exists a plugin without the UI to do such task, and if not i would like to learn how to write one.

I did some research on M2E plugin (eclipse.org and apache website) but neither have the documentation on the plugin besides how to use UI. I went through the M2E source code as well(which lead me here). I do understand it will be a complex project, but it seems that all the functionalities i need already exist in M2E, I am hoping to just remove the UI and call those functions on startup of eclipse.

I was wondering if there is documentation on M2E plugin(besides the UI docs on eclipse). As well as any pointers where to get familiar with M2E plugin to edit it for my workspace.

I apologize for my ignorance.

Thank you for any help,
Faizic.

Back to the top