Re: [lsp4e-dev] lsp4e integration with JDT

Hi Florian,

> Does anyone have an idea how I go about it? Or is the better
> integration with CDT a result of the GSOC project from 2018?

The fact that LSP diagnostics show up in the C/C++ editor (which is meant to be used with Eclipse's own C++ parser) in addition the Generic Editor (which is meant to be used with LSP servers) is actually an unintended result of the work done in that GSoC project.

I always imagined fixing that (such that diagnostics would only show up in the Generic Editor) before releasing LSP support for C++.

It's interesting to hear that you find the combination of the C/C++ Editor and LSP diagnostics useful, but I don't know if that would be a good default choice for most users. In particular, I'm thinking of users who have their project configured correctly for Eclipse's own parser to use (e.g. via Managed Build) but do not have a compile_commands.json file to correctly configure the language server; such users would see a lot of bogus LSP diagnostics.

I'm not sure what the situation is for JDT; perhaps others can chime in on that, or perhaps folks on the JDT mailing list might know better.

Regards,
Nate

Back to the top