Re: [linuxtools-dev] TMF

Hi,

Excellent.
I've read somewhere that one CTF objective is to be system-agnostic (even if, for now, focused only on linux). Is it still true ?

Many thanks,
Xavier

On 01/23/2012 03:21 PM, Francois Chouinard wrote:
Hi,

You can start by looking at TMF itself. Some if not most of the LTTng
views/widgets are really generic TMF views/widgets that have been
extended for LTTng purposes.

For the context-switching et al., we initially simply ported the
GTK-based LTTV's State System (the component that handles the
processes/resources state transitions based on the events sequence).
This State System is really Linux kernel-oriented.

We are now working on a persistent generic State System (a part of TMF
itself) that will be re-usable for any type of state management. It
should be integrated in the coming months and delivered with Juno. You
might want to consider basing your work on this. Constraint: Although
the new State System will be trace-format agnostic, for the initial
release we are likely to focus on CTF (Common Trace Format) traces.

Don't hesitate to contact us for more details.

Regards,
/fc

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 3:39 AM, Xavier Raynaud