Re: [linuxtools-dev] TMF

Hi,

You can start by looking at TMF itself. Some if not most of the LTTng views/widgets are really generic TMF views/widgets that have been extended for LTTng purposes.

For the context-switching et al., we initially simply ported the GTK-based LTTV's State System (the component that handles the processes/resources state transitions based on the events sequence). This State System is really Linux kernel-oriented.

We are now working on a persistent generic State System (a part of TMF itself) that will be re-usable for any type of state management. It should be integrated in the coming months and delivered with Juno. You might want to consider basing your work on this. Constraint: Although the new State System will be trace-format agnostic, for the initial release we are likely to focus on CTF (Common Trace Format) traces.

Don't hesitate to contact us for more details.

Regards,
/fc