Re: [leshan-dev] Should Leshan just be used for management or data collection?

Yes, it's clearer, thanks Simon!

So basically, the REST API in leshan-server-demo can change anytime
and does not expose the full functionality of Leshan, therefore I
should not rely on it for any production code. I'm just making a proof
of concept, so I think I'll use it for the time being.

Since I'm very new to this IoT area, it isn't immediately obvious how
all these plug together. The README and Wiki say Leshan is a OMA LWM2M
implementation - but nginx, firefox and squid are all HTTP
implementations too, it doesn't tell me how to use them. An example
setup, how you expect the server and client to be used in real life,
would be the single most useful thing in Leshan's documentation for
many newbies like me.

For example, I still don't understand the idea of leshan-client,
because what IoT device runs Java? But maybe the whole of
leshan-client is just for demoing leshan-server...

Kind Regards,
The Chiwbaka
https://chiwbaka.com