Re: [kura-dev] dht11---[-leshan-----kura--]--PI

Hello,

I would consider the lwm2m branch mostly dead. I think it would be much easier to start with a fresh branch based on the Kura develop branch and the latest Leshan code.

The current Kura committers are pretty busy at the moment, so I don’t see Leshan integration as an immediate priority. However, if you want to attempt the integration, we would be happy to support you. I would follow these steps:

1. Review the Eclipse committer requirements: https://wiki.eclipse.org/Development_Resources/Contributing_via_Git
2. Make a quick overview of your plan, doesn’t have to be fancy or complex, just notes, then post to this mail list. The current committers and community can then give feedback.
3. Once a plan is agreed on, fork and start coding!

Look forward to hearing from you!

--Dave

On Jul 27, 2016, at 12:57, Manoj Verma <manoj.kumar.mbm@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi David Woodard and concerned members,

Thanks for your direction and understanding :)

>I am sure you can run Leshan and Kura on the same RPi, but interoperability could be a challenge.

After understanding kura-lwm2m code, I understand following:-

LwM2mClientOptions.java----------------{related to basic server client configuration}
LwM2mClientKura.java-------------------{Mapping of kura services and lwm2m }
LwM2mDeviceObjectDefinition.java-------------------{Device basic  information}
LwM2mPositionObjectDefinition.java------------------{Device position information}
LWM2mConfigurableComponentsFactory.java ----{resource definition }

If I am not wrong may be your vision is to create inter-operable OSGI based resource.
Which is compatible with OMA specification and can be independently managed by
either kura or leshan based server.

>Is there a reason you can’t use Kura to control the sensor?

I can use KURA for device management, but compatibility with a standard is add on.
It helps in achieving industry standards.

>Kura can handle remote configuration over MQTT via REST like constructs (GET/PUT).
>Have a look at this documentation to see if it helps
Exactly that would help me to map kura services with leshan :)

[Querries]

1)Vision on Kura roadmap to incorporate Leshan.

2)Being a member of kura community, how can i help in achieve the same :)

Manoj Kumar
(NEC Technologies)

On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 11:12 PM, Woodard, David <david.woodard@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

It is certainly on the Kura roadmap to incorporate Leshan, the problem has been finding resources to work on it. If this is something of interest to you, we are always looking for commits from the community!

The kura-lwm2m branch was a proof of concept done some time ago. Since the branch was created, Leshan has matured quite a bit, so it would take some time to update the branch to be compatible with the latest versions of Kura and Leshan.

I am sure you can run Leshan and Kura on the same RPi, but interoperability could be a challenge. Is there a reason you can’t use Kura to control the sensor? Kura can handle remote configuration over MQTT via REST like constructs (GET/PUT). Have a look at this documentation to see if it helps [1].

Thanks,
--Dave

On Jul 25, 2016, at 12:22, Manoj Verma <manoj.kumar.mbm@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi All,

Have a nice day :)

lehsan is coap based
kura is mqtt based

So in order to control sensor we use lehsan and for data we use mqtt broker through kura.

[Question]
1)Will PI runs different servers for lehsan and Kura.

2)Or somehow we can merge lehsan sever as a embedded server in kura?

3)Just curious to know why kura-lwm2m tree is broken? No progress from long time.

Thanks and regards