From: kura-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:kura-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Benjamin Cabé
Sent: Friday, May 13, 2016 10:53 AM
To: kura-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [kura-dev] Eclipse Kura footprint

Hi there,

A couple weeks ago I did run some tests to get a sense of the actual footprint of Eclipse Kura on a system, and more specifically requirements in terms of disk space, RAM, as well as some figures on the "cold" startup time (I.e from "Kura not running", to "all Kura default services up and running").

You’ll find the results below (including comparison with Node-RED) as well as at https://github.com/eclipse/kura/wiki/Footprint.

I have to admit I was positively surprised about the fact that the overhead some might expect from Java-based runtimes is actually not that much of an issue, I would say, for the kind of devices Eclipse Kura targets.

Please feel free to amend the Wiki page with comments, or add info regarding other h/w platforms or runtimes.

Cheers!

Benjamin –

Eclipse Kura

Node-RED