Re: [keyple-dev] First release
  • From: Pierre Terree <pierre.terree@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2019 15:35:13 +0000
  • Accept-language: fr-FR, en-US
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=calypsonet.org; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=calypsonet.org; dkim=pass header.d=calypsonet.org; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-SenderADCheck; bh=9iNPoogU9xbxwH90E5HzC/CG+V7dAP/XH4edEtUX/Jw=; b=nUD6KtXboZI7FYlJkWzwJpx7XXT5OF63U4mSHxa7hxy+017ANPtLvs2S6GJDgaErdNnC1xwL7Xcv7RPqynjTfVdSCWCClvUjKEa8smi9j9fqBQSs1QJwrlQ+N94axFcTLAt6EgMGLvDJjt/NoIeWL/KF+evooFqR6FF6lJTkiDt0vbNsZP7LQV6bWbyEBYAVYnwFTqyCkDRn0aE+LxfPt+82kU7yUGWEUfPcwiVlvY6+CX7JlDRnDMVkX0hu2oGMK8RXZZVFcdgFbkBcuJcyS32hfcOWO5jNjW0hs8lJmfCR5wN3SYt9CPhYhxF7ex0iyL7QIVLzD1/U8AENA6RJ3g==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=NXnD9BBji5g6cPWHvJbykTik6dfltwUbhKjJ11A7qSqRE6VE4LmzD/0I6UhHqlIDnPv3lfE0TQYE9dJbC7usKUbZel8Oqj3dgmd+O9gNwqXBl5SqhpzoXoj79vwGtOvqar0fEJPfOwqN7n6fghKEWU2OtPjSnGnQvEpYqxVLWJI97af5SSRlNy/Fdame2PvLf774p0vfkOci8imjOykhSvhS6uzBxkGsGg+/GqUFBj6IZXPiHioPz4Vb5Yp+7rSrvuDL32W65lXepCqS7yWAuXjliEAfB5CV3lh0zZiY6aIrmiDOJvH5W9y6YefNkpGxUxwpw8OPVSo7hb0GYGN+Iw==

Nice to meet you, Christian, thanks for your interest,

I'll attend, with Nicolas Generali and Olivier Delcroix, to the Eclipse Con of October 2019. We hope too to see you there.

With Keyple, we are addressing two targets:

  • To provide a universal API to manage any smart card reader in a generic way, whatever the architecture of the terminal.
  • To provide a high level API to implement easily a ticketing terminal processing based on the Calypso solution.

Until now, Keyple contributions have essentially been done by developers mandated by the Calypso Networks Association.

In addition of the maintenance of the current Keyple component, we expect to expand the project on two axes:

  • To propose additional Keyple Core plugins to manage specific smart card reader solutions.
  • To propose additional extension on top the Keyple Core to manage other kind of smart card solutions.

We currently provide in the Keyple project plugins to manage “standard” reader solutions: like PC/SC, Android NFC API, Android OMAPI, and also a Remote SE plugin to manage a remote reader as it were local to the terminal.

We are already in touch with some partners which are working to implement Keyple Core plugins for their own embedded reader solutions: some are considering to publish the source of their plugins according to the Eclipse v2 license: but these open source plugins could involve closed source binaries too. So I don’t now if these contributions could be directly host by the Eclipse Keyple project. We are looking for the right way to reference these contributions.

Currently the different components of the Eclipse Keyple Java projects (Keyple Core, Keyple Calypso, PC/SC plugin, NFC plugin, OMAPI plugin, Remote SE plugin) are hosted in a single GitHub repository https://github.com/eclipse/keyple-java

About the coming steps, end of October, beginning of November, we are considering to split the current repository in order to manage each Keyple component in dedicated repositories (eclipse/keyple-java-core, eclipse/keyple-java-calypso, eclipse/keyple-java-plugin-pcsc, eclipse/keyple-android-nfc, eclipse/keyple-android-omapi, eclipse/keyple-java-plugin-remotese). We expect then to simplify the management of the current components, and to facilitate new extensions.

Christian, I’m strongly interested by any of your feedback: in particular about what do you expect for Keyple to have a “structure to a more eclipse-like approach”.

Further, we currently propose a Java implementation of the Keyple API, but for the end of the year 2019, we plan to propose also a C+ 11 implementation based on the same object oriented model.

Pierre Terree

Calypso Networks Association