Re: [kapua-dev] Last updates

Hi,

Good news!!! One question, do you also support X-Pack security installation of Elasticsearch 5, for this we need Basic Authentication using elastic with rest…?

Von: kapua-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:kapua-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von Morson, Stefano
Gesendet: Montag, 29. Mai 2017 17:33
An: kapua developer discussions <kapua-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Betreff: [kapua-dev] Last updates

Hi all,

a quick update on Kapua.

During the last weeks the team worked hard to improve Kapua user experience, improve functionalities and fix bugs in the perspective to rollout the first Kapua release, the 0.2.0, which is planned for the June 7th.

Last week we also merged ad pull request (#552) that introduced some major changes in the data store service implementation along with some fixies and improvements. One of the major changes we introduced was the upgrade of Elasticsearch from version 2.3.4 to version 5.4.0. The main reason why we did this upgrade is due to support for REST client that was introduced with the 5.x line. The REST client is much lighter in terms of dependencies and offers an higher degree of interoperability between clients and servers.

In case you are running and exposing instances of Kapua based on an older code base and want to upgrade to Kapua 0.2.0, I would suggest to check the existing integrations against the newer version.

Setting-up a fully working demo version of Kapua is really easy and fast using Docker, no need to build or install components, just follow the Quick Start Guide in the project's home page at GitHub (https://github.com/eclipse/kapua).

Cheers,

Stefano

Back to the top