RE: [jwt-dev] Unstructered graphs

Hi Florian,

I will take this answer as Pierre is currently on vacations and with limited
access to email...

What we call non structured graphs are graphs in which for instance more
than one transition leaves a node (without the need of a split node in
between) or in which one node/activity inside a split/join block is
connected to another activity which is out of the previous block. Basically
non structured graphs give freedom to the graph definition (i.e the jpeg
image attached)

In the current JWT editor non structured graphs definition are not allowed
as the editor checks this constraint.

In the following article (focusing on cycles and iterations in Bonita) non
structured graphs concept is also explained together with cycles/iterations
(in fact in Bonita we call loops or iterations on non structured graphs
arbitrary cycles). If we correctly understood, JWT will not allow those
cycles/iterations:

http://www.theserverside.com/tt/articles/article.tss?l=BonitaPart2

Structured graphs make life easier to editors and workflow engines but add
additional complexity to end users IMO.

Regards,
Miguel Valdes

BPM Manager

Bull, Architect of an Open World TM
1, rue de Provence
38130 Echirolles (France)
Direct Line: +33-4-76-29-72-28
Fax: +33-4-76-29-75-18

*Orchestra*, The BPEL open source project: http://orchestra.objectweb.org
*Bonita*, The XPDL open source project: http://bonita.objectweb.org

This e-mail contains material that is confidential for the sole use of the
intended recipient. Any review, reliance or distribution by others or
forwarding without express permission is strictly prohibited. If you are not
the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies.