[jwt-dev] Re: EclipseCON08

Thanks Alain, very nice, I second that !

Btw I think we'll have interesting new features working by then, like BPMN compatibility and link to STP's BPMN Editor...

Regards
Marc

Alain BOULZE (INRIA) a écrit :
Hi guys,

Just a quick message to inform you that I've proposed a short talk for EclipseCON08 in the SOA track... Of course, it will be opportunity to point out JWT ...

Best
-Alain

INRIA is focusing on the development of a SOA-BPM tooling platform, unifiying SOA as a new IT paradigm with the BPM activities such as Design, Execute and Monitoring. This platform will include two main conceptual spaces, the first being Design oriented and the second being Runtime oriented, each separated in three overlapping layers (Infrastructure, SOA IT and SOA Business). The Design space will involve modelling services and processes with sufficient information so as to allow the connection and traceability between layers. The Runtime space will provision execution support for services and processes defined in the Design space with the corresponding level of support for traceability and monitoring information We are exploring using SCA enriched with BPM-oriented features as the representation in each of the 3 layers. We see Eclipse STP and JWT as central to the Design space of this approach, as a provider of the modelling support for each of the three layers, including injection of traceability and monitoring information. This information will be used in the Runtime space, and deliver the right indicators corresponding to each layer.

The concurrent approach proposed by INRIA supports simultaneous multi-layer views and allows contrasting of different perspectives ranging from usage to implementation. We envisage that this will increase usability and allow for better co-operation between the different roles involved in SOA development.