[jta-dev] Removing version numbers when referencing other specifications?

Hi,

Does anyone see a problem with removing the version numbers of the specifications that a specification depends upon?

I would assume that they may have been added in case there was a minimal functionality present in the version referenced but I am not sure. For instance, with the current specifications maybe this could usefully be described as implying that the specification requires versions of the spec that have had the Jakarta namespace change?

We have had a pull request with a commit [1] to update in this manner so I would like to verify if that is inconsistent with other specifications or whether people are aware of a reason to not approve it.

Many thanks,
Tom

[1] https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jta-api/pull/176/commits/5770d32e95e403a51cc51d2f4b068ba11ef3a56f

Back to the top