[jta-dev] Issue with exceptions from javax.transaction referenced in JDK

Hi,

I have found that there are some javax.transaction exceptions that are in JDK 8 and at least referred to later. They are also present in Oracle Java SE 8 javadocs. I am not sure what to do.

Although they don't appear to be in the Oracle Java SE 14 javadocs:
You can see they are in the Oracle Java SE 8 javadocs:
* https://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/api/javax/transaction/InvalidTransactionException.html
* https://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/api/javax/transaction/TransactionRequiredException.html
* https://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/api/javax/transaction/TransactionRolledbackException.html

I can see that the source is present in OpenJDK 8:
* https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/tree/jdk8-b120/corba/src/share/classes/javax/transaction
* The three exceptions are imported and used in https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/blob/jdk8-b120/corba/src/share/classes/com/sun/corba/se/impl/javax/rmi/CORBA/Util.java

I don't think the actual source remains on master for OpenJDK (at least in the main repo, maybe CORBA is held elsewhere?):
Given we support JDK 8 (https://jakarta.ee/resources/JakartaEE-Datasheet-July172020_final.pdf) I am not sure what to do.

Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions you can offer,
Tom

Back to the top