[jstl-dev] URI Backward Compatibility in EE10

Hello,

I apologize for the previous emails regarding the URIs, but I would like to send one more as I'm conflicted on what we should do.

Should we have backward compatibility with the http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/* URIs or not? The only option I see for us to implement this behavior is to include another set TLDs for JSP to pick up.

Pros:
- Easier migration for developers (no immediate need  to switch to jakarta.tags.*)
- We already include older TLDs ( i.e c-1_0.tld )
- TLDs will be available in the release jars, so they are easily found.

Cons:
- Developers may be less likely to use the newer URIs

Another question is whether we plan to remove the older Sun URI support post EE10 (if we do add backward compatibility).

Appreciate any comments or thoughts.

Thanks,
Volodymyr

Back to the top