Re: [jpa-dev] Question about TCK testing and different database server backends?

On 9/3/21 3:40 PM, David Matějček wrote:

Hi,

I can run something too. Just tell me what, when and HOW, prerequisities, because I never did this. Hmm, it seems well documented on GitHub, so ... I can try it when I find some time window for it.

Please see my previous response for more details of why I am asking.  Mostly, I am trying to understand if any Jakarta Persistence 3.1 changes are expected to the DDL/DML scripts under https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-tck/tree/master/sql of the Platform TCK and who will be making those changes and who is validating that each file is correct.

Scott

(my experiences with databases: Informix (similar to DB2, but there are important differences!), Postgres, MySQL, MSSQL, Derby)

About removals - I know that EclipseLink contains some dialect customizations, so I would prefer to fix the implementation than removal of a backend. Another problems can cause some db server settings (large experiences with Informix and it's optimizations, memory settings, caches, etc.).

I can start with Postgres the following week, that should be the easiest one ... I would expect that the DB2 might be harder.

Coordination> I would create an issue for each database and then we can assign ourselves to the one we want to run (and give it a label "In Progress" to give a sign when we started with that)  :-)

David Matějček