[jpa-dev] Question about TCK testing and different database server backends?

Hi,

Does anyone plan to run TCK testing with any of the [1] Database servers?  [1 is just a list of the Jakarta Persistence TCK scripts folders for each database back end, I hope that the folder names are obvious as to which database they represent.  For easy reference the names + links that I think they represent are:

  1. db2 (https://www.ibm.com/products/db2-database)
  2. derby (https://db.apache.org/derby)
  3. mssqlserver (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/sql-server)
  4. mysql (https://www.oracle.com/mysql)
  5. oracle (https://www.oracle.com/database/technologies)
  6. pointbase (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PointBase)
  7. postgresql (https://www.postgresql.org)
  8. sybase (https://www.sap.com/products/sybase-ase.html)

Any suggestions for how we can coordinate exactly whom to expect will validate each of these database backends as working with Jakarta Persistence 3.1 before the 3.1 release completes?  Perhaps no DDL/DML script changes are needed but even still, I think we need to understand which backends are used for Persistence TCK testing and perhaps which ones can be removed (until someone steps up to validate them for 3.1 or later).

Thoughts?

Scott

[1] https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-tck/tree/master/sql

Back to the top