[jpa-dev] Split the spec document into smaller parts?

Hi,

given the spec document has some 30k lines all in one file leading to a PDF with >600 pages, I'm thinking whether the source shouldn't be split into smaller parts, say 1 file per chapter of the original document[1]. While it is probably better to have it in one file now for search&replace sort of work, I do not think this is going to work well and definitely won't scale in the long(er) term, ie having more people editing one file at the same time can become a nightmare when it comes to merging/rebasing PRs...

Is there a reason why the spec source should stay `as is` and/or is there a volunteer willing to do split? Let's use https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jpa-api/issues/271 for follow up discussion/tracking.

Thanks,
--lukas

[1]: https://download.oracle.com/otndocs/jcp/persistence-2_2-mrel-eval-spec/index.html

Back to the top