Re: [jifa-dev] Hook support for customisation of JIFA deployment

On Sun, Aug 30, 2020 at 10:02 PM Denghui Dong <denghui.ddh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Jason,

The idea of adding a hook layer to satisfy customer requirements is interesting okay for me.

Great.

I noticed that you added access control in NetflixHooks, actually, in our current design,
we put the implementation of access control to the "Master" which will be opened source recently.

Yes I think this is ideal. It does not matter what requirements a user has in their deployment, with some pre/post route changes, they can do what they need to do without modifying JIFA core.

And I think the customer implementation of the hook should be maintained by users themselves,
only empty implementations should be reserved in the public repository.

Of course, I definitely agree with that. Only provided Netflix as a sample to show what could be done.

Could you file an issue on https://github.com/eclipse/jifa/issues?

We need to have further communication on this issue

Sure.

Thank you for your interest in Jifa!

Thanks
Denghui