Skip to main content

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index] [List Home]
Re: [jgit-dev] Quick question about WorkingTreeIterator::contentCheck

On Wed, 11 Mar 2020 at 08:28, Peter Hull <peterhull90@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Mar 2020 at 22:01, Thomas Wolf <thomas.wolf@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Otherwise, perhaps it's line endings. Check that the files do not use mixed line endings,
> > and double-check your autoCrlf and other git config settings and .gitattributes related
> > to line endings.
> I'll check this, because I did the original clones from 'git for
> Windows' (git bash) and then saw the spurious changes in Netbeans
> using jgit.
> Also I tried the same on MacOS and it worked perfectly.
OK, it seems to only affect files with CRLF endings - my working copy
has some files with CRLF, some only LF (but not mixed in the same
file). I have autocrlf ON, globally, it was set by git for Windows.
Doing a bit of debugging, I could see that the files were failing to
match on time-stamp and then (presumably) failing on content because
of CRLF != LF. I confess I wasn't able fully to understand the logic
behind contentCheck.

However - updating jgit to 5.5.1 did fix the problem.

So I believe the problem will be solved by putting in a PR to Netbeans
for updating their jgit to 5.5.1

Back to the top