Re: [jgit-dev] Git LFS

I've found the option "lfs.useJGitBuiltin = true" that enables builtin LFS support. The pre-push hooks shows an error / exception, because of the autorization
!STACK 0
org.eclipse.jgit.errors.TransportException: When trying to open a connection to https://[server]/artifactory/[project]/objects/batch the server responded with an error code. rc=401
at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.Transport.push(Transport.java:1365)
at org.eclipse.egit.core.op.PushOperation.run(PushOperation.java:191)
at org.eclipse.egit.ui.internal.push.ConfirmationPage$2.run(ConfirmationPage.java:211)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:122)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: When trying to open a connection to  https://[server]/artifactory/[project]/objects/batch  the server responded with an error code. rc=401
at org.eclipse.jgit.lfs.LfsPrePushHook.requestBatchUpload(LfsPrePushHook.java:214)
at org.eclipse.jgit.lfs.LfsPrePushHook.call(LfsPrePushHook.java:123)
at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.Transport.push(Transport.java:1363)

There is no dialog to enter the username and password. How can we enable this?

I've found only this information about LFS:

Eclipse JGit: Java implementation of Git 4.2

Support git-lfs extension

  • Add support for pre-push hooks

  • Add support for smudge filters. If defined in .gitattributes call smudge filter during checkout.
  • Add support for clean filters. If defined in .gitattributes call clean filter during add to index.

The pre-push hook is not executed in the case native git lfs is used, but it looks like the filters are executed... Is there any deeper information about JGit LFS ?