Re: [jgit-dev] Several issues with JGit

On Sun, Jul 19, 2015 at 4:48 PM, Andrey Hsiao <andreyhsiao@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi, List

We just started using JGit for automating some Git operations
(honestly, we can write some wrappers on the native Git command line,
but want to give JGit a try)

Below are the issues we met, need your kindly advice on possible solutions.
1. JGit merge doesn't support -X options.
Sometimes when doing the merge, because of CRLF differences, the merge
will ended up marking the whole file as conflicting. With the Git
command line, we specify -Xignore-all-space to get around this issue.

this is a missing feature

2. No pre-receive hook support
When pushing to remote over file:// or /path/to/repo, the pre-receive
hook won't be triggered, while using Git command line, this seems
working.

another missing feature

maybe you want to contribute it ?

3. Blame with "ignore whitespace"
When we blame on "merge commit" using JGit, sometimes part of the
conflict will be shown as last changed by the merge commiter.

<<<< HEAD
some changes  - the original committer
other changes  - the merge committer (rather than the original committer)

When using Git command line, seems this won't happen.

please file a bug providing a minimal example demonstrating the problem

-Matthias

Back to the top