Re: [jgit-dev] autocrlf=input with CRLF in repository does not behave like C Git

On Sun, Dec 15, 2013 at 10:05 PM, Matthias Sohn <matthias.sohn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, Dec 15, 2013 at 3:16 PM, Robin Rosenberg <robin.rosenberg@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Sorry, for top-posting...

I've been using a CRLF'ed working tree on a Mac. Wish some Windows users could
test this too before release, or even before merge.

I'll try to find time to test this on windows tomorrow

took me a while to get my Windows laptop working again, tried your patch
and it greatly improves the handling of autocrlf, no more false dirty states.
The only difference I found compared to native git is handling of files with
mixed line endings, native git doesn't normalize them but jgit does.
Is this related to missing support of safecrlf ?

There is still some room for performance improvements but I think we
should include this change now for 3.2 and then work on these improvements
as currently autocrlf is pretty unusable.

--
Matthias

Back to the top