[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[jgit-dev] autocrlf=input with CRLF in repository does not behave like C Git
- From: Robin Stocker <robin@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 15:15:47 +0100 (CET)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Thread-index: i2cmJ7pZs4OsWH/S+Rz8TztdD+NlJQ==
- Thread-topic: autocrlf=input with CRLF in repository does not behave like C Git
In the last few days, I've had several developers complain to me
about this, and I suspect that e.g. EGit is losing users because
The problem: When there are files in the repository that use CRLF,
and the user has "core.autocrlf" set to "input", all these files
are detected as modified (in IndexDiff).
C Git behaves as expected and does not show any changes.
Here's the bug report about this, with a failing test case:
I would really appreciate it if someone familiar with the
DirCacheEntry code could take a look.