Re: [jgit-dev] Buck based build system for JGit?

On Sun, Nov 3, 2013 at 3:38 PM, Matthias Sohn <matthias.sohn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> is there a way to debug a test run by buck ? On my Mac I get the following
> test failure which I'd like to debug (when run using Maven or Eclipse it
> doesn't fail),
> I tried to debug
>
> export BUCK_DEBUG_MODE="yes"
>

> and attached the debugger on port 8888 with a breakpoint on the first line
> of the failing test
>
> but it seems the test doesn't run in the process attached to the debugger.

BUCK_DEBUG_MODE is to debug Buck itself, not the tests being invoked
by Buck. There is an undocumented java_test() option called vm_args
that you can use to pass JVM flags during a java_test(). This could be
used to tell the JVM to start up a port for the debugger. I don't know
if there is a way for Buck to do this for you.

> FAILURE testEncode_Unicode: array lengths differed, expected.length=12
> actual.length=20
> java.lang.AssertionError: array lengths differed, expected.length=12
> actual.length=20

Odd, my mac was not showing this failure when I wrote the series.

> how can I invoke the build for OSGi bundles using
> https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/17995 ?

buck build org.eclipse.jgit:bundle

The bundle will be in buck-out/gen/org.eclipse.jgit/bundle.jar. I did
not test loading this bundle in Eclipse.

Back to the top