Skip to main content

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index] [List Home]
Re: [jgit-dev] [egit-dev] Fwd: [technology-pmc] FYI: Policy on new releases joining SR

On Sun, Aug 18, 2013 at 4:42 PM, Robin Stocker <robin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Due to this new policy I wasn't aware of until this week we cannot
> ship JGit and EGit 3.1 with Kepler SR1 since RC1 already passed.

That's unfortunate. What are our plans for SR2? Ship 3.2, 3.1 or
another 3.0.x?

I think we could ship 3.2 (planned for Dec) with SR2. RC1 for SR2 is due
mid of Jan 2014 
> Hence I propose we ship a pure maintenance release 3.0.x with SR1
> and ship 3.1 independently of the release train through our own
> p2 repository.

Sounds good.

> Speak up if you have a different proposal.
> Any changes which should go with the maintenance release for SR1
> need to be pushed for branch stable-3.0. If there are new patches
> on this branch I will simply create 3.0.x maintenance releases for
> the RCs for SR1, find the SR1 schedule here [1]. Last build for SR1
> is on Sept 18 (we are in +3 slot of the schedule).
> Let me know if there are any important patches which already reached
> master which you want also on 3.0.x.

I think the following commits should be on stable-3.0, ordered in
cherry-pick order:



Should I cherry-pick and push to Gerrit or do you want to push them
without going through Gerrit?

I started working on cherry-picking fixes to stable-3.0. SInce we now need CLAs for all
contributed fixes we need to wait for Alex to sign the CLA in order to cherry-pick
We should probably also update the bug reports of the above to set
the target milestone to 3.0.1/3.0.2 - could you add that in Bugzilla?
Either I don't have the permission to do this or I don't know where
this can be configured.

I'll care for that


Back to the top