[jgit-dev] Using jgit to serve documentation in production

Hi all,

I just thought I'd let you know, in case anyone was interested, that we've just deployed a production website that uses jgit as a database for serving the Play Framework documentation:

http://www.playframework.com/documentation/2.1.x/Home

Everything is completely automated, new tags/branches are automatically picked up using periodic fetches from the original repositories (there are two repositories because one contains original source files, ie markdown files and other static resources, that we render on the fly, and the other contains generated documentation, namely javadocs/scaladocs).

It's been in production for almost 24 hours now with no problems, it's very fast, and we're very happy with it.  I was surprised at how easy it was to implement this with jgit, so thanks for such a great library!

Cheers,

James

--
James Roper
Software Engineer

Typesafe – Empowering professional developers to build amazing apps.
Twitter: @jroper

Back to the top