[jgit-dev] Upgrading to JGit 3.0, package migration to 'internal'

Just reporting back about the impact of updating one project (The BFG) that depends on JGit to use a version from the stable-3.0 branch, where many packages have moved to be internal:
  • almost everything is fine, no problem
  • only exception is where the BFG scans packfiles to find big blobs to target for removal. The code uses org.eclipse.jgit.internal.storage.file.{ObjectDirectory, PackFile}, and so must now depend on internal packages.
  • to be honest, I can live with calling a bit of stuff from 'internal' packages, if the only negative consequence for me is having to cope with a bit of API churn. It would only really be troublesome if classes/methods became (package-)private and thus only invokable by reflection.
best regards,
Roberto

Back to the top