Re: [jgit-dev] dependency hell

On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 8:30 PM, Shawn Pearce <spearce@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
JGit used to be a simple project to compile. Where did it go so wrong?

Right now I can't build it on the command line with Maven, it stalls
out with the @#*!* source plugin taking forever and a day to do
nothing useful.

works here, also tried with a new empty local maven repository.
Maybe you have some failed or corrupt artifact downloads, try mvn clean install -U
or rename your local maven repository and then run mvn clean install.

And I can't build it in Eclipse because I can't find org.junit or
AbbreviatedObjectId.

Which Eclipse version and package do you use ? How did you provision
dependencies for Eclipse ?

Easiest way is to install them from Orbit using a p2f file via
Import... > Install > Install Software Items from File

I uploaded a p2f file for JGit containing all dependencies and the tools
we usually use (EGit, FindBugs, Emma) in change

I tested this with a freshly installed Eclipse SDK 4.3 M5a (latest Kepler milestone):
- install fresh Eclipse SDK downloaded from
- install tools and dependencies using the p2f file
- clone JGit and import projects
- set API baseline as described in my previous email on this list or disable
  API baseline checks, at the moment on master this raises a couple of
  baseline errors we need to fix or suppress

--
Matthias

Back to the top