Re: [jgit-dev] Bunch of "A cycle was detected" errors after pulling JGit

2013/2/19 Robin Rosenberg <robin.rosenberg@xxxxxxxxxx>
I did a fresh clone today and I get the cycle errors.

Could it be that our test bundles contain the same package names
and therefore confused the dependency logic?

I tried the following:
- installed fresh Eclipse SDK 4.3 M5
- installed egit/jgit 2.4-SNAPSHOT and jgit dependencies using p2f file
- cloned a fresh jgit into a new workspace
- -> no cycles
- uninstalled egit/jgit 2.4 SNAPSHOT and installed egit/jgit 2.3 release
- -> build cycles
- found some missing version boundaries in dependencies of org.eclipse.jgit.ant.test
- fixing them doesn't fix the cycles
- closed all jgit projects and reopened them
- -> cycles are gone
- I didn't find a way to create them again

really strange, it seems the resolution logic mixes 2.4 and 2.3 versions coming
from installed jgit with those available as source. Probably using the target
platform defined in org.eclipse.egit.target would fix this.

Which Eclipse version are you using ?

--
Matthias

Back to the top