Re: [jgit-dev] Can we read the message as a stream while pushing to server?

Hi

I spotted the messages being written to MessageWriter while they come in from the backend.
In case of ssh-connection I see in SshPushConnection#doPush:

<snip>
if (capableSideBand) {
  int b = in.read();
</snip>

"in" is a SideBandInputStream which writes the messages to the MessageWriter in SideBandInputStream#doProgressLine.

<snip>
messages.write(msg);
</snip>

The current implementation of the PushProcess gets the messages (as concatenated string)  from the MessageWriter once the push is finished, PushProcess#execute:

<snip>
} finally {
  connection.close();
  res.addMessages(connection.getMessages());
}
</snip>

Assuming my understanding is correct, I'd make sure I can pass the messageWriter my very own OutputStream so that he can write the messages to it. That would allow me to show them in the Eclipse Console (or some dialog) as they come in.

I'd love to get your feedback, thoughts.
Thanks!

Cheers
André