Re: [jgit-dev] preparing 2.0

On 05/26/2012 09:17 AM, Robin Rosenberg wrote:
[snip]

> Eclipse rarely dies on out-of-memory, even when it's not handled. Sometimes you just get an stack trace on stderr.
>
> An IOException could also lead to missing objects and perhaps we should log it.
>
>                 } catch (IOException e) {
>                     // Assume the pack is corrupted.
>                     //
>                     removePack(p);

i added some logs here and there, and i'll see. what i found out by searching (for getChannel()), is that there is still some channel java.nio involved here and there with pack file reading, which is (as we all now) very vulnerable to ClosedByInterruptExceptions. I don't yet know whether this is the problem, but i have a bad feeling about that. Also, Shawn, from your last blog post on your homepage i see you had a really bad encounter with the problem already back in 2010, /and/ it seems that it is even quite a related problem.

maybe we should eleminate all the nio stuff completely, just to make sure :) i just don't know how, otherwise i would do.

HTH, Markus

> -- robin

Back to the top