Re: [jgit-dev] [egit-dev] speeding up re-indexing

2012/5/31 Markus Duft <markus.duft@xxxxxxxxxx>
Hey All!

Now that the smudged index is fixed - back to the problem ;) (and thanks for the quick help with the smudging thing!)

I tried now to measure some times. When caches are cold (caches dropped) re-indexing takes 5 minutes and a few seconds. A second re-indexing then takes approximately 30 seconds (which is still long!). i see now that there are no smudged index entries anymore, only our 170 empty files ;)

Any more hints? i would really like to get the time down, or minimize the amount of re-indexing runs. any ideas?

How about using a profiler to find out what's going on ?

--
Matthias

Back to the top