Re: [jgit-dev] jgit binary patches

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 06:30, Marek Chodorowski
<marek.chodorowski@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I read your explanation of DeltaEncoder algorithm and I'm wondering if we
> are talking about the same delta;) or maybe I'm going in totally wrong
> direction...

It should be the same delta format. Git reused the same delta format
that is used in pack files.

> My problem is that I wanted to add "generate binary patch" functionality to
> eclipse and I don't know if it is supported somehow in jgit now? or
> everything should be implemented from the scratch?

Yes, it needs to be written from scratch in JGit. There is no support
to create a binary patch right now. Well, DeltaEncoder can create the
raw delta information, but it needs to be encoded into the base85
format.

Back to the top