[jgit-dev] Creating an orphan branch

This past July I tried, without success, to create an orphan branch
(i.e. no parent commit, no existing tree) on a bare repository using
JGit.  Starting in Git 1.7.2 (I think) support for --orphan was added
when creating a branch (probably not on a bare repository, though).
While I do not have an immediate need for this capability, it's a pretty
neat and I would like to be able to use at some point.

Can this be achieved with JGit 1.1 or with the upcoming JGit 1.2
release?

-J

Back to the top