|Re: [jgit-dev] Please help test 0.8.1|
Now that we have shipping 0.8.1, I would ask everyone to do some
testing as much as possible in the next week (we have one more chance
to spin a 0.8.2 if need be before Helios RC4).
1. Test installation from our software repository:
- start with the latest Eclipse SDK and back to Eclipse 3.4.2 (this
is the last release we support 3.4 before moving to 3.5 as a minimum)
2. Test installation from the Helios repository
- same as above but just install what's in the Helios repository when
using Eclipse 3.6...
(should be enabled by default with an SDK download)
3. Verify functionality
- according to our user guide: http://wiki.eclipse.org/EGit/User_Guide
- according to your own personal workflows... with github or other
4. File bugs and enhancements!
- Don't be scared... bugs are good when they are tracked!
- more bugs are better than fewer bugs!
5. Communicate with the developers and other users
- on the newsgroup
- on the mailing lists
Thank you everyone in advanced for making EGit, JGit and Helios a great release!
+1 860 839 2465
jgit-dev mailing list
Back to the top