Re: [jgit-dev] Re: [egit-dev] How to build [EJ]Git?

On Jan 8, 2010, at 15:26, Shawn O. Pearce wrote:

OK, this thread has gone on long enough.  We're now just talking
circles around each other.

Right now I think we should:

* JGit:

 Use Maven 2.x, pom-first, maven-bundle-plugin.

 Consider checking in .project, .classpath files which use the
 PDE nature, the m2eclipse nature, and the m2eclipse classpath
 container.  I'll prepare a change to add these today and send
 it for review.

* EGit:

 Use Tycho, manifest-first.

How does this work when, say, running EGit in a new workspace? How does PDE runtime know to use the version of JGit that you're hacking on? Or does it just default to using whatever version of JGit you may have installed previously as a plugin, regardless of what bits may be in a JGit project?

I'm not sure what happens with a project that has a PDE nature but no Manifest.MF. Chris will be able to confirm, but I think it's basically a no-op.

Alex

Back to the top