[jgit-dev] Re: [egit-dev] jgit and eclipse meta-data.

Thomas Hallgren <thomas@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> What was the conclusion regarding jgit? Are you going to check in the
> .project, .classpath, and manifest? I think many projects would
> appreciate that since it makes it painless to include the project as
> part of your workspace build.

My understanding of that thread was, people want me to check in a
copy of the .project and .classpath files which use the m2eclipse
classpath container and project nature.

Such project files won't work properly unless m2eclipse is installed,
but can at least also include the PDE nature, and make importing
JGit via the EGit plugin easier.

We aren't going to check in the manifest though, as its currently
a build artifact.

I'll try to prepare a change today.

--
Shawn.