Re: [jetty-users] Threading model (was Re: Jetty 12 schedule?_

On Thu, 10 Nov 2022 at 23:53, Cantor, Scott <cantor.2@xxxxxxx> wrote:

What we're concerned about is the drumbeat that a non-async-using servlet request that's just executing methods on objects via the stack could start out on one thread and switch threads in the middle. And I just don't see how that's remotely possible or sane. And if it is, the spec went to a very bad place and a lot of software is screwed, not just ours.

To my knowledge that cannot happen.... at least not with normal threads.   Perhaps in future with virtual threads, then threadlocals might be more of a problem, but their usage will be optional in Jetty.