Re: [jetty-users] Jetty 10

I guess the biggest 'highlight'? is that it will be using the Jakarta licensed Servlet 4.0 which was the latest excuse for not releasing it.

cheers,
Jesse

--
jesse mcconnell
jesse.mcconnell@xxxxxxxxx

On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 9:26 AM Greg Wilkins <gregw@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Josh,

To our embarrassment, Jetty-10 has been expected release next month for the last 18 months!
There is nothing really holding it up, other than a lack of demand for a 4.0 container. and the fact that we keep taking the opportunity to review and renew some internal APIs

It will no longer support java-8, it will be servlet-4.0
There will be some API changes, but mostly for embedded usage rather than webapps.

Our project plan has been out of date, so we do need to get a page on this.

It is our intention to release next month and I would like to see an alpha out in the next few days.

regards