Re: [jetty-users] Modifying the HTTP/1.1 Response Status Line's HTTP Version indicator

Hi,

On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 6:28 PM Karel Goderis <karel.goderis@xxxxxx> wrote:

> I am using the server, and I need to generate these answers to clients connecting to the server.
>
> The project currently has a dependency on 9.3.25, however, since it is a collection of OSGi bundles, I think that I can incorporate a dependency on 9.4 or 10, but I am not sure how that will fare with the rest of the contributors. I checked 10.0.0 and it is not yet released, so I will fall back on 9.4.x. What would be a sensible approach on 9.4 (or 9.3) to achieve this?

jetty-9.4.x is the branch to use.

This unsolicited answer, does it happen only at connection
initialization, or may happen after a HTTP response?

If the former, you can look at ProxyConnectionFactory, where we handle
the PROXY protocol before delegating to another connection.

If it happens after normal HTTP responses, it's the weirdest use of a
protocol I've seen so far.

Your best option would be to queue those events, and register for
HttpChannel events.
When you have a "complete" event for a HTTP request/response, you can
grab your events from the queue and use the EndPoint to manually write
them out.

--
Simone Bordet
----