Re: [jetty-users] Cannot get org.eclipse.jetty.server.Request instance

On Thu, Sep 12, 2019 at 4:45 PM Silvio Bierman <sbierman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Oops, that should be JDK11.0.4+.
I see, thanks!

On 9/12/19 10:37 AM, Silvio Bierman wrote:
Hello John,

Check your JDK11 version, see also https://webtide.com/openjdk-11-and-tls-1-3-issues/. The TLS1.3 implementation in the early JD11 versions contained some serious bugs that really bit me. I was even doubting Jetty at some time. Totally without grounds, of course. If you have JDK11.1.4+ I think you should be fine.

Kind regards,

Silvio

They fixed the bugs first in JDK12 and then backported to JDK11.

On 9/12/19 10:15 AM, John Jiang wrote:
On Thu, Sep 12, 2019 at 4:00 PM Simone Bordet <sbordet@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

On Thu, Sep 12, 2019 at 12:55 AM John Jiang <john.sha.jiang@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Some of Jetty built-in servlets/filters, e.g PushCacheFilter, in jetty-servlets jar also call Request.getBaseRequest(request), and have no this problem.
> They are registered to org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.

Yes, that is yet another more complicated way of doing it, but I don't
think you'd be interested.
Let me know if you are, but if you go Jetty 10 + JDK 11 + Servlet 4.0
you should be good.
I'm trying this combination.
That looks good, but still need more testing.

BTW, if using JDK 11, is TLS 1.3 supported transparently?
Although checked it with curl and the connection used TLSv1.3 with cipher suite TLS_AES_128_GCM_SHA256, I just need a confirmation.